PDA

View Full Version : sallylightfoot crabs

baby1-
10/12/2009, 07:28 AM
sallylightfoot crabs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just got a yellow tang 3 days ago it seemed healthy it was swimming and eating and doing every thing that tangs do and this morning i woke up to find its eyes,tail,andfins weregone could my sallylightfoot crab have done this? somewhere i heard they eat fish

AHDOnline
10/12/2009, 08:01 AM
What else do you have in your tank?

I have seen my sally nip at fish when she was scavenging for food. But in my opinion, if the fish is getting picked on by a sally there might be a bigger issue with the fish.

baby1-
10/12/2009, 08:13 AM
blue hippo ,percullaclown ,mandarin dragonet ,bi color psuedo, yellow headed watchmen gobie,2 emeralds ,coral,blue hermits and a bta and1 peppermint shrimp

Blown 346
10/12/2009, 08:22 AM
All crabs are optunistic feeeders which means they will eat what they can catch. Thats one reason why i never get any crabs except Blue legged hermits.

Crabs are very active at night as this is when they hunt for food. If your tang was resting then it would be an easy target. Crabs are strong little things and you would be surprised what they can hold on to.

BoBilo
10/12/2009, 08:25 AM
I had a peppermint shrimp and my sally ate that within hours of acclimation. I would find it a new home (that is what I did) just to avoid any problems it could potentially cause.