PDA

View Full Version : Magnificant Rabbitfish (Siganus magnifica)

wickedfish
10/12/2009, 07:48 PM
I just ordered a small Magnificant Rabbitfish (Siganus magnifica). Anyone have any expiernce with them. Also, anyone have any bad cases where one killed another lifestock with its fins on top. I have a harliquen tusk and purple tang. Thank you.

steelersfan
10/12/2009, 08:51 PM
Siganus magnifica is an awesome fish. They are great at controlling algae in your tank. Make sure that if there is not enought algae in the tank, you need to provide the fish with seaweed. They are actually very shy and will not bother other fish.

wickedfish
10/13/2009, 02:01 AM
O.k Thanks. Cant wait untill it gets here.

serpentman
10/13/2009, 09:10 AM
As with all rabbitfish, keep a close eye on him as they can develop a taste for corals when they mature.

wickedfish
10/13/2009, 11:05 AM
oh, no. Are you serious. I read a lil bit on its feeding habits. "herbivore preparations containing different marine algae. This fish also loves live macro algae". I will keep a real close eye on him and my espcially my corals. Thanks.

steelersfan
10/13/2009, 12:18 PM
IMO, as long as they have been fed properly, they will not bother any corals.

wickedfish
10/13/2009, 08:48 PM
I just recieved my mag, rabbitfish. Its a Q.T. Thing now my purple tang has been in the tank for about 5 months now. I allready know he is going to be agg. towards it. Its a 120 gallon tank with a lot of live and caves. Its going to be a "B" to take him out. I was planning on doing that. when i put the mag, rab in and put the tang is the q.t for a couple of days and then introducing him to the tank again. Is there any other way with out taking him out.