PDA

View Full Version : Best way to transition from Kalk in my ATO to Dosing 2 part w/ dosers?

nivram
10/12/2009, 09:47 PM
I currently dose kalk in my top off water. However, I recently purchased two bulk reef supply dosers and want to use them to automate my 2-part dosing. Whats the best way to make this change? I was thinking about stopping the Kalk cold turkey, and start dosing two part at a low level and measuring the changes daily. Does this sound like a good plan?

I have B-ionic 2 part and BRS 2 part that came with the dosers. Any way to determine if they are similar in concentration?

My last question, i've been storing the BRS 2-part outside in sealed 15 gal drums. Its been in the 90s all week. Would this have any effect on my solutions?

Thanks

Marvin

bertoni
10/12/2009, 10:20 PM
High temperatures won't have much of an effect on the 2-part, unless the containers get melted. :)

I'd just stop the kalk and start the 2-part. If you know the concentration of your limewater and the amount dosed per day, we can estimate the amount of 2-part needed per day, but your plan is fine as is.

This calculator can be used to compare the concentration of those two products:

http://home.comcast.net/~jdieck1/chem_calc3.html

The DIY is less concentrated.