PDA

View Full Version : clownfish combo questions

zdawgnight
10/13/2009, 12:55 PM
ok I have 3 btas of varying size and color. I would like to put a pair of goldstripe marroons. I have heard that they are very aggressive hosts and can damage the anemone if its to small. Now i have one thats about 4 inches in size and the others are pretty small. Will they natuarlly host the largest or go to all three?
Also how much growth are you guys seeing with your anemones???

stykthyn
10/13/2009, 01:53 PM
a maroon will quickly outgrow a 24 gallon and wont tolerate anything else in a tank that small. stick with true/false percs and skunk clowns. much more docile and will host your BTAs just fine.

zdawgnight
10/13/2009, 04:19 PM
not that its a huge increase but it will be in the 30 gal solana and they are going to be the only fish in the tank. Is that really not enough room?

stykthyn
10/13/2009, 06:05 PM
imho opinion no. the female will be at least 5" long when she is fully grown and maroons like to stray pretty far from their nems. would be ok for a single fish for a while, but in the long run it will just be problematic and any chance of a pair will be greatly diminished. i wouldnt hold one long term in anything smaller than a 50 or 60 gallon system.