PDA

View Full Version : RKL question

leftcoastreefer
10/15/2009, 10:18 PM
I would like to use a RKL to monitor my temp, ph and control my lights.

Will I be able to run a temp probe and a ph proble staright from the controller without the SL1? I would like to buy the $99 and purchase probes seperate to save money.

hershell
10/15/2009, 10:50 PM
You need the SL1 to run the ph probe. The lite1 will moniter the temp, but I don't think it won't control it. You could buy the lite2 or lite3 both come with the sl1

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/PH/ORP/TDS-Monitors-&-Controller-Reef-Keeper-2/c66_67/p833/ReefKeeper-Lite-(L3)/product_info.html

HndMafia
10/15/2009, 10:58 PM
I currently use the rkl and the base package can be used to control temp. If you are using it on the tank in your sig then you'll probably be ok, but I have seriously outgrown mine on my 210 as you can only put four modules on the rkl. I'm just waiting around to see if the promised new features materialize for the rke before I upgrade...the more I read the da forums the more I lean towards the Neptune line.

leftcoastreefer
10/16/2009, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the info, I now understand you can't use a ph probe without a lab module

I went ahead and bought the RKL level 1, you really cannot find anything comparable in the price range, I was offered a neptune apex for 420, however it would have not gone to any good use on my small system

I think I will just wait till the SL2 module is available before I add a ph probe because I would also like to monitor sg as well

DaveMorris
10/17/2009, 01:41 PM
The SL2 is available now. Dealers as well as Digital Aquatics website have them. If they show out of stock, then it shouldn't take long for them to get replenished. They have been out for a month or so now.

dmits41
10/18/2009, 07:25 AM
I just bought one and I'm doing the same thing. It was an unexpected surprise to see that I can add an SL2 and add salinity monitoring.