PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions?

jaf2h
10/16/2009, 08:17 AM
Well where to start... about two weeks ago my heater stuck on my 37 gallon reef tank, so I woke up and it had gotten to like around 85 degrees. I promptly put ice bags in the tank to try and cool it back down as fast as possible. I have four different mats of zoo's, a beautiful yellow scroll, candy corals, a leather mushroom, mini mussas, duncan polyps, and a patagonia plate coral. Well I had anyways, the mini mussas and the leather coral were the first to go two of the zoos look better but I think I might lose a couple of them to. Whene the tank crashed out I figured it would be as good a time as any to go on and switch it to a 55 that I had sitting around, so got that done and everything is good I didnt lose any of my fish, and everything seems fine except the expected tank cycling that is causing a bit of algae, but I have two problems, my yellow scroll coral that has been doing great under a double power compact with a actinic bulb and a 10k, on the 55 I set up my mhd viper light 150W and on the other side my coral life dual compact flour, the scroll coral now gets a bit of both kindes of light, now my first question is would the scroll coral start to discolor under the other kind of light at first because some polyps are still extending. And the other question is that my fiance just had to buy a frag in the midst of all this, and I believe she said it was a nympthia (probably spelled wrong please correct me) its a leather coral, it got knocked over by one of my snails because I havent epoxyed it trying to find out where it liked to be, but anyways it was looking great polyps extended and all and the blasted snail knocked it over, when I righted is it had some kind of algae like stuff on it, I got some of it off and the polyps finally came back out but there is still some on the tips that wont come off like its attached, Im fixing to go out of town and somebody is going to be tending it for my should I take some sterile surgical scissors and cut off the two places to keep it from spreading