PDA

View Full Version : DOC Skimmer 9410 Micro Bubbles

bayondai
10/20/2009, 03:18 AM
I have the DOC Skimmer 9410 skimmer for a few weeks now without any issues, but 2 days ago I started getting bubbles in my tank. I thought it was from the filter being a little dirty so I cleaned it, but the bubbles are still there. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Mike

Beaviz
10/20/2009, 05:33 AM
Please check if it is filled with salt or if something else has blocked the airline. Mine does the same when the airline is somehow blocked which increases the waterflow through the skimmer and also the amount of bubbles from the outlet.

rvitko
10/20/2009, 11:13 AM
Also, if you added certain additives to the tank, did a large water change or changed the filter bag, this can also cause more microbubbles. Main culprits are vitamins, slime algae killer and amino acid supplements.

bayondai
10/20/2009, 01:43 PM
I use E.S.V. B-Ionic 2-Part Calcium Buffer, once a week I use iodine and I dose vodka. I did just clean out the filter bag. It looks like it is a lot better today. It has about half the amount as yesterday. Should I just leave it alone and maybe it will just fix itself?

rvitko
10/20/2009, 03:36 PM
My guess would be that the Vodka is causing it, it probably has an effect on surface tension. The problem will probably go away on its own in another day or two.

bayondai
10/21/2009, 03:24 AM
Ok. I'll keep an eye on it.
Thanks,
Mike