PDA

View Full Version : bad favia!

franb
10/21/2009, 09:22 AM
i have a favia that i put too close to a red sand polyp it stung it through the night will the polyp come back it is closed up on the one side- had no idea they needed so much room.

jacksonpt
10/21/2009, 10:40 AM
There are TONS of different varieties of favia, so I'm not sure this applies to all of them. But my favia requires virtually no room... are you sure it was the favia that stung the polyp?

Sugar Magnolia
10/21/2009, 10:46 AM
My favia has killed off a few heads of my caulestrea when it fell off the rocks during the night.

jbird69
10/21/2009, 10:46 AM
My favia must be isolated. It has long sweepers at night. Id get rid of it if it wasnt so gorgeous. I think the victim will probably recover. I had a galaxia coral which has some of the most potent sweepers. It stung a couple things and they all recovered eventually. That thing would stick its sweepers to other corals, reminded me of those police issue stun guns.LOL

franb
10/21/2009, 10:57 AM
There are TONS of different varieties of favia, so I'm not sure this applies to all of them. But my favia requires virtually no room... are you sure it was the favia that stung the polyp?

yes iam sure i seen the sweeper tentacles out this morning and boy were they long around 2" hope the polyps recover -i am going to move the favia to a spot just for it.