PDA

View Full Version : Phosban reactor water outtake

ctniners
10/23/2009, 10:51 AM
it may be a matter of preference but I figure why not ask.......

I set up a 75 gal with a 40 gal breeder for a sump (my first sump)....so the sump set up is pretty much the norm, first compartment > water from the display tank/skimmer/heater/phosban reactor....second compartment > refugium with chaeto.....third compartment > Chemi-Pure bags and carbon bags/Return pump to display tank.......

So my question is, the phosban reactor is emptying on the refugium compartment, is that how you guys have them set up or is the outtake on another compartment?

Also, in a lightly stocked aquarium how long do you think a 150 ml container of phosban should last?

Thanks a lot for your help.

ctniners
10/23/2009, 02:27 PM
Nobody uses a phosban reactor in a sump?

phurst
10/23/2009, 03:06 PM
It doesn't really matter. Preferibly your output is downstream of whatever pump is feeding the reactor, so you don't end up recycling the same water through the reactor, but beyond that, it doesn't matter.

Laddy
10/23/2009, 04:29 PM
I agree it doesn't really matter as long as you are pushing enough water through per hour.

I believe if you ran 50ml of phosphate remover in the reactor, changing this every three months or so, you could get.......well, I guess that would be nine months of continual use out of the 150ml container. They really don't need to be changed out anymore than that.

Also, if you have a reef tank and try to keep a constant Alk, the phosphate remover can lower Alk.