PDA

View Full Version : Flasher Wrasse Harem

arrowheadpuffer
10/23/2009, 03:24 PM
I am considering getting a harem of flasher wrasse. Is it easy to find a group of them? How hard are they to keep? Would a group of them do fine in a 90g, and how many? Would they pick on peppermint or cleaner shrimp? I hear they need to be fed small meals through out the day, could I use a auto feeder to help with that?

RB Chagoi
10/23/2009, 03:37 PM
Tagging Along

arrowheadpuffer
10/23/2009, 08:40 PM
bump

albano
10/23/2009, 09:06 PM
flasher wrasses aren't hard to keep, but like any other addition, the tank-mates matter, and you must cover the tank, they are jumpers. I believe the usual recommendation is 1M and 2Fs, which helps the male keep better coloration. Pairs and harems can be obtained for many types, but some types the females are not as desirable and therefore not collected/available. I have at least 10 different wrasses, and have seen no problem with shrimp, I usually feed twice a day, and am also considering an auto-feeder, for small multi-feedings (for benefit of entire tank population)

fishsticks4sale
10/23/2009, 09:12 PM
great fish to be honest, peacefull as well. mine doesnt hide or attack any fish. swims out in the open 24/7 an is a great addition in my opinion. i feed all my fish every other day.

arrowheadpuffer
10/24/2009, 03:39 PM
the tank-mates matter

So the stocking list for my 90g that I was thinking of is:

Two black and white clowns
3-4 flasher wrasse -OR- one fairy wrasse
5-7 b/g chromis

I assume these all would work fine and be able to fed w/ auto feeder when I am away, right? I also will have a 40 or 55g fuge to help out with pods for added food.