PDA

View Full Version : Help with ATI Lighting fixture

RDMike
10/24/2009, 11:03 PM
It is a 6 X 54W, with four of the bulbs on one plug and the other two on a second plug. Anyway, I'm having an issue with the 4 bulbs that are on the same plug. Two of them will light, but the other two don't when the power comes on.
Something that I have noticed is when the power is on, if I twist out one of the non-working bulbs and then twist it back in then those two lights will come on or if I turn it off and back on again really fast, all bulbs will come on. The other thing I have noticed is if I remove the 2 bulbs that do come on, then the 2 that weren't coming on work flawlessly.
I have also tried new bulbs thinking that some may have been defective. That didn't help at all. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

eggiel
10/25/2009, 08:16 AM
Adjust the endcaps a little by lossing the screw for the end cap its like the endcap is not making a good contact with the bulb

nikon187
10/25/2009, 01:36 PM
+1. loose connection between the bulb and endcap. It could also be the bulb as well. check the pins on the end of the bulb.

RDMike
10/25/2009, 01:48 PM
I will try the end caps when I get home. But I dont understand if its the end caps, how come all the lights turn on after I turn it on, then off and on again really fast? It turns on 100 percent of the time.

kangym
10/26/2009, 09:47 PM
I have the same problem on my 8x39w ATI PM and 10x54w ATI PM. I adjusted the endcaps, unscrew, re-tighten, switch new lamps, still doing the same thing. I have to twist the switch several times to turn on all bulbs. They are still under warranty, but I will prefer to fix it myself than sending them back.

dieselab
10/27/2009, 12:34 AM
I am having the same problem on my 10x54 for a long time now. Its actually getting worse. Before it was just unplug replug and it works. Now it takes a few unplug replug before it lights up.

eggiel
10/27/2009, 03:04 PM
I have the same problem on my 8x39w ATI PM and 10x54w ATI PM. I adjusted the endcaps, unscrew, re-tighten, switch new lamps, still doing the same thing. I have to twist the switch several times to turn on all bulbs. They are still under warranty, but I will prefer to fix it myself than sending them back.
10/25/2009 07:48 PM

The best way to do it is with the bulb. Unscrew the endcaps and then put the light bulb and test to you get it on every time

I am having the same problem on my 10x54 for a long time now. Its actually getting worse. Before it was just unplug replug and it works. Now it takes a few unplug replug before it lights up.

how long have you hade the fixture for ? Check the plug but it could be tha ballast

I made a write up on how to change a ballast its in an other site I could copy paste the steps on the how to if you or someone else needs it just let me know

RDMike
11/03/2009, 04:47 PM
So I received some new bulbs today and I put them in. I fired it up and the middle slot, made a real loud snap sound and I saw some electrical current. It sounded like I blew a fuse. Now the problem is, the two slots, middle and last, where I had the problems initial will not fire up anymore but the other two does fire up. These 4 bulbs are sharing the same 'on' 'off' switch. Now when I unplug it, it causes everything to go down thats plugged into the wall outlet and I have to go to my breaker to restart everything. Please help me asap because my tank is loaded with sps and I have no temporary lighting fixture. Thanks -Mike