PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me how the ATI Sunpower/Powermodule fan is supposed to work?

becact
10/25/2009, 12:25 PM
I have a 4 bulb 24" sunpower, and the thing came with a generic wall wart and strip of power connectors. Which voltage setting am I supposed to have the wall wart on, and which color plug adapter do I use? I am using the black adapter plug, and the fan is blowing air out of the top of it. If I want suction (so that air is blowing onto the T5 bulbs like it is supposed to), and try to flip the little black adapter plug around, the fan no longer works!

edit: I've tried everything I can think of. I've flipped the wall wart upside down (no difference). I reversed the adapter plug, but then the fan doesn't work. Did ATI wire this fixture incorrectly? Why doesn't it work in reverse polarity?

James77
10/25/2009, 01:44 PM
Are you sure they are blowing outwards, can you feel air coming out the vented side of the fixture? Because it can feel like the air is blowing out when it is really blowing in. Maybe use a lighter to test the air on the side.

The volt setting depends on your ambient room temp, ideally you would test the output with a PAR meter. ATI recommends 4.5v, go higher or lower if your room is hotter or cooler.

becact
10/25/2009, 01:51 PM
I feel like an idiot; you are completely correct. When I place my hand over the fan it feels like it is blowing onto my hand, but the fan sucks in a lighter flame and the exhaust ports blow it outwards :o

I am still interested in if I should use the black or green adapter plug, though!