PDA

View Full Version : 2 K4's and 2 K1's on a 75?

Jova
10/25/2009, 09:45 PM
I have 2 Koralia 4's on the back glass, one in each corner, of my 75g reef. I also have 2 koralia 1's mounted on the back glass in the center of the tank about 8 inches apart facing opposite directions. Is this adequate flow? Overkill? The one problem I'm running into is find enough room to place corals in the tank without them being in the direct flow of one of the powerheads. Just looking for some advice. Thanks!

serum153
10/25/2009, 10:37 PM
I run 3 #3's and 1 #2 in my 75 and think the flow is fine. I am surprised that you have the 4's and do not create huge sand shifts. My rock structure goes through the middle of my 75 from left to right, so I have 1 #3 on the upper left side pointing up to agitate the surface, 1# 3 on the upper left front side blowing down a little, 1 # 3 on the upper right side back blowing at the surface pointing towards the back glass and 1 # 2 near the bottom of the back glass blowing to the front of the tank. No deadspots or blasted corals, but it took a lot of rearranging to get it right.