PDA

View Full Version : dragon wrasse

bandr1002
10/25/2009, 10:55 PM
anyone have any experience with one of these. i have a 90 gal fowlr that has a christmas wrasse and a dogface puffer in it. today i added a dragon wrasse and he got owned by the christmas wrasse. the dragon is twice his size (although, not an adult yet). anybody have any experience with this fish. how well do they acclimate, how long till i should not be worried any more for the wrasse. he is truely a beautiful fish and i would hate to see him not do well.

LukFox
10/25/2009, 11:20 PM
I have no first hand experience in a captive setting, but as soon as it gets settled in it will likely pay the christmas wrasse back. They're really quite aggressive once they get older, and they are hardy fish. It should acclimate well so long as the christmas wrasse doesn't constantly pester it to death before it has a chance to acclimate. If that's the case you should think about putting in a divider for a couple weeks to keep them separate.

bandr1002
10/26/2009, 07:34 AM
ty alexa, any first hand experience?

LisaD
10/26/2009, 07:54 AM
not first hand with these species, but IMO you are asking for trouble putting two good sized, aggressive wrasses together in a 90. I'd pick one or the other, not try for both.

spw4949
10/26/2009, 10:57 AM
I agree with Lisa, 1 or the other in that size tank.....FYI, if you didn't already know this dragon wrasse are AKA "rockmover wrasse". They will flip your rock over looking for food......they can wreck a aquascape in no time flat, HTH.....

sharky's machin
10/26/2009, 09:52 PM
I have a dragon wrasse in my 125 FOWLR. He's the only wrasse I have currently. His tankmates are a Niger trigger, Porcupine puffer and sm. Snowflake eel. He is definitely interesting, he goes into hiding several hours a day and sometimes doesn't come out for a day or two.

No problems with aquascaping because I have my rock towers built around a pvc frame and its pretty secure.

bandr1002
10/26/2009, 10:14 PM
I have a dragon wrasse in my 125 FOWLR. He's the only wrasse I have currently. His tankmates are a Niger trigger, Porcupine puffer and sm. Snowflake eel. He is definitely interesting, he goes into hiding several hours a day and sometimes doesn't come out for a day or two.

No problems with aquascaping because I have my rock towers built around a pvc frame and its pretty secure.

how big is he, and what are you feeding him? you got pics?