PDA

View Full Version : Calcium - Bulk reef supply 2part

Ginzo
10/26/2009, 09:40 AM
I don't have any corals in my tank yet and my tank has been cycling for 2 years now :) with around 100lbs of live rock.

I recently got a 4-way Profilux doser.

So I'm planning on populating my reef tank (120g) with SPS corals (frags). In order to supplement my tank with the right level of calcium, I was looking at either of the following:

1) Bulk reef supply 2 part (I like this solution, because it's simple, easy to purchase everything and the items are in stock when I need it).

2) Balling method (maybe the best way of doing it, but not easy to purchase the materials/salts and don't have any contact with any vendors...)

I don't want to use a calcium reactor..that's out of the question.

Looks like I'll be going with the Bulk reef supply 2 part.

Any suggestions ?

gkimble
10/26/2009, 10:56 AM
2 Part. I swithched from a calcium reactor to 2 part so I could controll by levels more accuratly. Love it. I have a reefkeeper Lite and have to BRS 2 pumps. Just set the timer on my RKL and your good for a while. In my case, I'm good for 3 months.
One word of advice. Get the second most expensive kit that they sell. It comes with individualy measured bags so all you have to do is pore the bag in the 1 gallon jug and mix with water and your done.

solitude127
10/26/2009, 11:18 AM
I dose with BRS 2 part as well. I use Drews dosers and my RKL. So far so good. I ended up buying they 2 1/2 gallon jug so that I don't have to mix as often.

Ginzo
10/26/2009, 11:57 AM
2 Part. I swithched from a calcium reactor to 2 part so I could controll by levels more accuratly. Love it. I have a reefkeeper Lite and have to BRS 2 pumps. Just set the timer on my RKL and your good for a while. In my case, I'm good for 3 months.
One word of advice. Get the second most expensive kit that they sell. It comes with individualy measured bags so all you have to do is pore the bag in the 1 gallon jug and mix with water and your done.

Good, thanks for the info !

You mean the "Two Part Starter Kit" right ?

Thanks

Da Saltwater DJ
05/30/2011, 07:12 PM
Can anybody help me raise my calcium levels . It read 360 at the moment ...

shifty51008
05/30/2011, 07:17 PM
Can anybody help me raise my calcium levels . It read 360 at the moment ...

what are you planning on raising it with and how much water does your tank have?

there is a great calculator on bulk reef supply's home page that can tell you how mych to dose to raise it to the level you want.