PDA

View Full Version : Nano reef fish compatibilty

6-line
10/29/2009, 07:44 PM
I really want a 6-line in my biocube 14...however I'm torn because I hear they get aggressive towards tankmates in a 14 gallon. I'd like one other fish besides it and perhaps a small citron goby or something later...or not. What fish would do well alongside a sixline in this tank? I've always kept 6-lines but in 55's, 65's 90's and 120's--never a 14...
Psuedochromis? I know there are tpes that aren't as agreesive?

cherubfish pair
10/29/2009, 08:48 PM
I had a sixline and a clown in a standard 29 gallon and they got along fine.

Unfortunately, my heater got stuck in the "on" position making the temp 94*F. It killed the sixline, but didn't phase the tank raised occy.

Sinful Aquatics
10/29/2009, 10:36 PM
I had a sixline and a clown in a standard 29 gallon and they got along fine.

Unfortunately, my heater got stuck in the "on" position making the temp 94*F. It killed the sixline, but didn't phase the tank raised occy.

+1
I also have a ocellaris clown and a sixline wrasse however I also have a firefish, purple firefish and a engineer goby. They all get along fine.

6-line
10/30/2009, 05:32 AM
wrasse with a firefish--I was under impression the firefish wouldn't stand a chance with a 6-line in the tank...untrue?
I love clowns but you know I've kept them for ten years, usually in pairs, and I would kind of like something else....If I thought I could keep a damsel without worrying about their aggression i would...

iFisch
10/30/2009, 06:37 AM
wrasse with a firefish--I was under impression the firefish wouldn't stand a chance with a 6-line in the tank...untrue?
I love clowns but you know I've kept them for ten years, usually in pairs, and I would kind of like something else....If I thought I could keep a damsel without worrying about their aggression i would...

Wrasse with harass the Firefish. The Firefish is a docile swimmer, and can be very shy.

6-line + Firefish in a 14, I wouldn't do. I liked 6-lines, but they're nearly as bad as your common Damsel fish.

SOME damsels aren't nearly as aggressive as they are said to be. Mine is very calm, loves new-comers and is not territorial. My Damsel + Firefish are best of buds. They swim together, sleep in/around the same rock, etc.

ScarletReef
10/30/2009, 06:09 PM
My YTB damsels and firefish are also buddies. As for aggression, I would think you may be best off with a fish that doesn't compete for space in the water column, maybe a perching fish or a sand loving fish.

KMP
10/30/2009, 06:56 PM
had a 6-line and yellow watchman goby in similar set up. no problems.

romsoccer12
10/30/2009, 06:59 PM
clownfish/sixline/goby/blenny would be a very good combo, get the sixline last

Sinful Aquatics
10/30/2009, 07:27 PM
All of my fishes get along