PDA

View Full Version : New Haddoni - question

vyerous
10/30/2009, 05:08 PM
Hello. Just for the potential nay sayers, this isn't my first anemone, I've kept BTAs, LTAs, Ritteri, Condi, and mini carpets, all healthy and living I just got rid of them because I wanted the one and only.

Anyways, my LFS was having an awesome sale and I had to jump on it, foot was healthy, mouth was tight, looks beautiful.

My question is, I just finished acclimating it, I cleared an area where it will hopefully hang out on the sandbed with a couple of rock around the area it can bury its foot under if it so chooses, I also cleared a little pot hole for it to sit in, now what?

Should I try to bury its foot for it? Should I do anything? Its kind of falling over, I turned all of my pumps off just so it has time to plan its foot but is there anything else I need to do for it to successfully plan its foot?

Also I'm light acclimating it, I've got screens over the top just to help it along.

Thanks!

(pics to come when it opens up fully)

clowns101
10/30/2009, 05:55 PM
I would dig a small hole a put its foot in but dont cover it back up.However I should say that a healthy carpet should be able to hold its self up!

Flightpipe
10/30/2009, 06:21 PM
I had to move mine once and i dug a hole and stuck his foot in it and pushed sand around him just enough to keep him steady and it did the rest.

rkelman
10/30/2009, 06:26 PM
I agree I've done this in the past with success.

vyerous
10/30/2009, 11:02 PM
Well it opened up nicely and was standing up, however I turned all the pumps back on after the lights went out and its kind of slumped over a bit. I'm hoping when the lights come on tomorrow it will perk up again, plus my cleaner shrimp has been harassing it a bit. It looks healthy for the most part, its mouth tightened up a lot however it looks like theres a little bit of gut hanging out, nothing terrible, just enough to irritate me. I'm going to try and see if it will take some krill tomorrow if it perks up again. So far it looks like the foot has anchored nicely though.

rkelman
10/31/2009, 04:51 AM
Sounds completely normal at this stage. Don't feed it now. Give it a week to settle in.

vyerous
10/31/2009, 12:45 PM
Ok cool thanks for the help.

Last night before I went to bed, I pointed my return upwards so there was less current (its in a valley almost so most flow goes around it leaving gently flow in the valley/cove) hitting it. When I turned the return on it kind of slumped over.

This morning it was standing up, had the waves around its edges, still had what looked like a bit of gut poking out of its mouth, I'd guess maybe 2cm sticking out but the mouth is tight around it. When I get home tonight I'll take some pics, she is gorgeous.

Thanks again!

clowns101
10/31/2009, 02:03 PM
Well that sound good.I have had bubbles do the same thing with the mouth and the gut thing and the bubble done fine just watch how she does!

vyerous
10/31/2009, 04:52 PM
Well my brother just sent me a picture message, she is HUGE and happy =D I don't know if the mouth is closed but she is standing up straight and open nice and wide. She looks bigger and healthier than she did at the store and under my lights she is gorgeous. Pic soon to come =D

Thanks guys!