PDA

View Full Version : Good online fish store?

daddy'sgirl
10/31/2009, 03:48 PM
Hello everybody, I live in Alaska, and am looking for a good online fish store. I have shopped at saltwaterfish.com but havn't always been happy with the service. Another problem I have had is I find a coral that I want, and I buy it. But the coral that they send me looks nothing like pic on their site. I would like a site that shows pics of THE coral you are going to buy, not just a standard pic. Are there any places that won't kill you with shipping?

AlaskanPredator
10/31/2009, 04:12 PM
Your post is in violation of the [ua] (http://reefcentral.com/agreement.php) of this web site and has been edited. Further violations will result in revocation of your posting privileges.

Texxxx
10/31/2009, 04:29 PM
Live Aquaria and Blue Zoo have always sent me great fish and corals

http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productscc.asp?did=11
http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/index.cfm

alaska clowns
10/31/2009, 04:48 PM
I'll split the shipping with you!! :) :) :) :)

swannyson7
10/31/2009, 05:41 PM
I've had great luck with www.vividaquariums.com

daddy'sgirl
10/31/2009, 07:35 PM
Thankx for the help guys!!!!!

langtudatinh01
10/31/2009, 09:57 PM
yeah, i have order couple times from Bluezoo, they are good. i also live in Fairbanks too. haha, maybe we should start a reef club in Fairbanks.

Wrobel278
10/31/2009, 10:35 PM
Try Liveaquaria.com, they have a WYSIWYG section with a large selection. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Raggamuffin
10/31/2009, 10:40 PM
+1 on liveaquaria! never ever had a problem with them.

langtudatinh01
10/31/2009, 10:59 PM
liveaquaria is charging too much to send up to Alaska. bluezoo offers free shipping if you buy 140 dollars or more. extreme corals is free at 150 dollars or more (never order from them, only received email from them). as many other, they are asking way too much for shipping. Bluezoo has been good for me. if you are looking for T5 light, reeftanklighting.com is the only place that offer free shipping to Alaska. i just ordered a light fixture today. Bulkreefsupply.com have good media, dosing supplies and light fixtures as well with reasonable shipping cost (i did order some media from them). hope this help.

MrineLfRlz
11/01/2009, 12:00 AM
ive did some buisness with this place i havent been disappointed
http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/index.web

Flipper62
11/01/2009, 12:09 AM
I always like to get corals from my LFS. I can see the coral & know what I'm getting.

I have bought a few corals from LiveAquaria....but only from their DiversDen area. I can see what I'm buying

alaska clowns
11/01/2009, 12:30 AM
Hello, Fairbanks people :) I thought there was a reef club here, I joined this yahoo group, but I'm not sure it's active anymore. I haven't been able to find any more info on it. Buying from the LFS would be great, but the selection is kinda slim. Guess that's 'cause we live in Fairbanks.
Thanks, it's great to know who ships with reasonable prices up to here!

dirtStar
11/01/2009, 03:04 AM
ive did some buisness with this place i havent been disappointed
http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/index.web

This is my LFS, They have good prices and selection.
I only have went and shopped there, never had it shipped.
On the site, they say to call or email for ship rates in alaska.

Also a wysiwyg selection that they just added to the site.

lordofthereef
11/01/2009, 03:58 AM
Just wanted to say that I don't think very many stores will do a WYSIWYG omage just because the stock is so tough to get images of EVERYTHING. I have read people being unhappy even when the photo was supposed to be of the exact product being shipped as well.

lordofthereef
11/01/2009, 03:58 AM
Just wanted to say that I don't think very many stores will do a WYSIWYG omage just because the stock is so tough to get images of EVERYTHING. I have read people being unhappy even when the photo was supposed to be of the exact product being shipped as well.

JTL
11/01/2009, 06:15 AM
I like reefs2go.com

gjk
11/01/2009, 06:34 AM
Saltwaterfish.com has an "eye it, buy it" option on their site in addition to their regulsr selection of corals with a generic pic representation. Everything, and I do mean everything I ever ordered in the past 14 months was of excellent health and quality. My Clown Tang from them was eating inside of three days and my CB Butterfly was eating inside of 6 days. These fish had to be of excellent health originally or no way would they have acclimated so quickly. I would give them another shot and use the window on the order submittal for "special instructions". They truly read these "special instructions" and act accordingly waether it is a request for a larger/smaller specimen of fish or something regarding shipping. They treat me "first class".

langtudatinh01
11/01/2009, 09:51 AM
yes, there are many good online store like liveaquaria, saltwaterfish..etc. most of them do not ship to Alaska or asking for unreasonable shipping cost (70 dollars for instant). shipping cost will be more than the corals? come on. That is the biggest factor to live up here in Fairbanks, Alaska. most of the store will excluding Alaska for free shipping (even they are locating in the Westcoast, which is almost the same distance to NY or upper northeastern states.

as for LFS, if you only have one in town with their display tank is looking worse than your refugium. i would not go there to often because obviously they do not know how to keep their tank in good condition (= should not listen to their advice). their asking prices are not reasonable either. for a typical ocerallis clown = 30 dollars, if you are rich you could go for it.

Bluezoo has been good for me. they shipped what i saw on the pictures. i did lost a xenia sp from shipping those (the rock crushed it).