PDA

View Full Version : MH Pendant question

Ritten
11/01/2009, 08:00 PM
I have an older square MH pendant that hangs from the ceiling over my tank. I have one single ended 250 W bulb in there. In the zoo forums a lot of them have MH supplemented with what they call VHO actinic. I hope I don't sound too dumb, but I'm a gal and I don't know how to ask. Can I take my pendant into a light shop and ask them to wire in VHO actinic bulbs so I can get the same look?

tkeracer619
11/01/2009, 08:42 PM
VHO actinics cannot be added to your current metal halide but you can add them above your tank.

You can buy a pre assembled retro fit kit that will be easy to install. You can hang it right in front of your halide above your tank.

This is a simple add on that would do what you want. If you have a 24" tank this would be fine. They make 36" ones as well. Get both bulbs as actinic. http://www.aquacave.com/24-two-lamp-t5-retro-kitbr-by-coralvue-1144.html#

These are t5 bulbs not vho but will get you exactly what you want. They are newer and smaller while putting out similar light.

Ritten
11/01/2009, 09:10 PM
tkeracer619 - thank you so much for taking the time, that is exactly what I need!