PDA

View Full Version : Digital Power Bar Upgrade

mcrist
11/03/2009, 07:41 AM
Any chance that there will be an upgrade kit for the digital power bar to make it a PAB?

boboxx
11/03/2009, 07:56 AM
nope, it's been asked before and upgrading the electronic board and top cover there is not much part of the old powerbar left.

mcrist
11/03/2009, 08:04 AM
Bummer, I did a search but didn't find anthing on it. I guess I am stuck with the old one for awhile since I just bougth the unit a few months ago.

boboxx
11/03/2009, 09:41 AM
Well there is nothing wrong with them, they work good and can be daisy chaied.. only diff with the PAB model is that you will power monitoring.

I will keep my digital powerbar with my p3

mcrist
11/03/2009, 09:50 AM
I agree that there is nothing wrong with the original power bar but the power monitor feature is awesome and exactly what I want. But $300 is a lot of money just to get that feature. I already have a Kill-A-Watt meter that I use and for $20 a piece it would be a lot cheaper for me to just get more of them. When I need to buy another power bar I know which one I will be getting.

AQD_ottawa
11/03/2009, 10:41 AM
We have tried to keep the price of the two digital bars fairly close so people can choose the option they wish for instead of having to try and justify the cost for just one cool feature.

My advise is, only get a PAB bar if you are going to buy another power bar anyway.

The other reason would be if you run multiple systems or want more than 24 sockets ;)

mcrist
11/03/2009, 10:55 AM
I guess I will just need to buy another power bar like you suggested.

Thanks for making such a great product and I look forward to the new ProfiLux 3.