PDA

View Full Version : New Chromis species?

AquaWave523
11/03/2009, 12:24 PM
Does anyone know if I can keep these fish with other reef safe fish? Primarily with the regular blue/green chromis?

http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1634+113&pcatid=113

http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1634+116&pcatid=116

Urchinhead
11/03/2009, 12:37 PM
The blues will be fine with other reef safe fish. However your green's, being in the tank already (I am assuming), will have formed territories and thus will not be very welcoming to the blue's since they are a similar fish type and you will need to either pull the greens out for 72 hours or move your rock work around to 'reset' the territory response.

They are also notoriously poor shippers and should be QT'ed for at least 10 days to make sure they make it. They tend to have gut related problems for some reason. I can't remember if it was due to collection methods or just being prone to stomach diseases though.

Beautiful fish and pretty hardy once they make it past the initial shipping. I have had several of them over the years.

The blacks on the other hand are very territorial as I recall and get very aggressive with other fish as they mature regardless of what the other fish might be. Consider carefully before going with these guys.

AquaWave523
11/03/2009, 12:38 PM
They will be fine with other reef safe fish. However your green's, being in the tank already (I am assuming), will have formed territories and thus will not be very welcoming to the blue's since they are a similar fish type and you will need to either pull the greens out for 72 hours or move your rock work around to 'reset' the territory response.

They are also notoriously poor shippers and should be QT'ed for at least 10 days to make sure they make it. They tend to have gut related problems for some reason. I can't remember if it was due to collection methods or just being prone to stomach diseases though.

So they wont be schooling with the blue/green? :(

I was hoping all of them will be schooling together. I was thinking 1 of each and 3 blue/green chromis