PDA

View Full Version : Royal Grammas hate me

L98-Z
11/04/2009, 01:03 PM
I'm 0-3 with Royal Grammas.

The first I had for months. I needed to remove a tang from my tank, during the removing process, the gramma disappeared and was never seen again.

Disappointed... but I ha planned to make a coral/fish order and decided to order another. Gramma comes in, I place him in QT take with a small powerhead. The gramma gets sucked into the powerhead, killing him. Lesson learned, protect the powerhead intake a little better.

Third royal gramma... jumped out of the tank this morning. The tank only has two small holes in the center of the tank, he managed to find one of those and walk himself off onto the carpet.

No more royal grammas for me, we just don't mesh.

bimmer01
11/04/2009, 01:44 PM
I've had one royal gramma and it didnt survive for more than 1 week. I think my Flame angel picked on it. But I recently got a Royal Dottyback and it's doing great in my tank.

Whisperer
11/04/2009, 01:48 PM
I have one for almost 2 years now and he is fat and happy. He struggled with ich when he was new but he pulled through. I have had luck with them in the past as well. It's the anthias that give me headaches because they just waste away.

L98-Z
11/04/2009, 01:51 PM
I have one for almost 2 years now and he is fat and happy. He struggled with ich when he was new but he pulled through. I have had luck with them in the past as well. It's the anthias that give me headaches because they just waste away.

I've had great luck while they were alive. All ate great, the first one was always out and about too. It's just bad accidents that seem to take them out.

davocean
11/04/2009, 02:04 PM
I had some of these guys for many years, but not long ago I went through 3 in a similar pattern.
Now I have one doing well(hope not jinxing here)
Now, helfrichi's I'm done with, just got a pair and both jumped through my screen net top first week(1/4" mesh)
I say try again w/ a gramma, just work out the bugs.

Ritten
11/04/2009, 03:02 PM
Fourth times a charm here. There was a lot of local talk of gramma deaths here. We were wondering if there was a bunch that came in cyanide caught.