PDA

View Full Version : Aciii pro give strange orp reading

Jar*Head
11/04/2009, 11:25 PM
My ACIII Pro is less then a month old as well as the probe but i notice the ORP reading really weird. I have the ORP next to the Temp probe. Even with the Ozone off my ORP keep on creeping up to 435mV. I try to calibrate the probe today but I don't have the solution. Will pintpoint 400mV work with this?

Thanks
Steve

Bryan
11/05/2009, 04:59 AM
Steve:

Your ORP probe is probably dirty. Gently wipe the end of it with a soft cloth. Algae is building up on the probe which emits oxygen throwing off the probe. I usually wipe my probe once a week. (that doesn't sound right <g>). No way your tank is at 435mv unless you were dozing heavily with ozone.

Jar*Head
11/05/2009, 08:11 AM
Steve:

Your ORP probe is probably dirty. Gently wipe the end of it with a soft cloth. Algae is building up on the probe which emits oxygen throwing off the probe. I usually wipe my probe once a week. (that doesn't sound right <g>). No way your tank is at 435mv unless you were dozing heavily with ozone.

Bryant, thank you. Esp when the ozone has been off for more than a week lol. I rinse the probe out last night and notice good amount of Pods coming out of the end... I will wipe the tip when i get home tonight