PDA

View Full Version : Going Green

Buckeye Hydro
11/05/2009, 05:45 AM
Like a lot of people and businesses, we recently took a look at our practices with an eye toward, reducing the waste we produce, re-using items where that makes sense, and recycling the waste we do produce. None of the results we came up with are earth-shaking, but I guess that is to be expected. Some of the things we are doing to reduce/reuse/recycle:

all the paper and cardboard waste we produce, which is considerable, is recycled
we use shredded paper that would otherwise be landfilled for packing material
we recycle our plastic and metal waste
we installed motion sensor switches on our lights to make sure the go off when no one is in the room
most of our shipping boxes are reused
we minimized our printing in favor of digital (email, etc).

We'll keep hunting for other things we can do in this regard as well.

Russ

dv3
11/06/2009, 08:39 AM
now could you create and easy way for use to reuse our waste water?
i'd buy it

Buckeye Hydro
11/06/2009, 09:11 AM
We've been building a lot of custom systems lately - many have been 200 gpd at a 1:1 ratio

or sometimes it can be as easy as extending your waste water tube to your washing machine...

dv3
11/06/2009, 09:16 AM
how does one achieve a 1:1 ratio? ...i always heard that the 1:1 ratio was a gimmick

i like the washing machine idea except my washing machine is 2 floors above my ro/di ...so if would first have to get it up there and then remember to shut it off befor it floods the house ...lol

Buckeye Hydro
11/06/2009, 09:53 AM
We'll there's an easy way to get to 1:1, and there is the other way.

The easy way, and they way we don't recommend, is to simply over-restrict the waste water tube. You can do this to any single or multi-membrane system, but under ordinary circumstances you'll pay the price in shortened life of the membrane.

What we think is the correct way, is one we don't talk too much about in terms of specifics - inquiring (competitor) minds want to know...! But the 1:1 can be achieved in a way that preserves the life span of the membrane. It costs a bit, but it can be done.

Russ

dv3
11/06/2009, 11:23 AM
lol... couldn't the competitor buy one and figure it out?
i am interested in buying what i need to do make mine 1:1 ...i just bought all new filters , DI resin and dual tds from you guys a couple months ago ...membranes are next
hook a reefer up

Buckeye Hydro
11/06/2009, 11:52 AM
PM us your telephone or email address and we'll get you fixed up.

Russ