PDA

View Full Version : Keep having power loses/resets

MichaelBrock
11/05/2009, 09:58 PM
This evening my Apex has started to spontaneously reset itself (or that's what it seems). There is a "clunk" from the EB8, the lights flicker, and the apex is inacessible for a bit. It has happened 4 times this evening. Each time the status page reports the power loss such as:

Power Failed: Nov 05 2009 22:46:51
Power Restored: Nov 05 2009 22:47:25
Power OK: EB8_4 (5 Minutes - 01.1 Amps)

The data log is not lost though (my understanding is that this is a sign that the Apex base itself is not resetting).

Any ideas? Faulty EB8?

MichaelBrock
11/05/2009, 10:04 PM
Just did it again. I checked the display seconds after it happened and it looked normal. Kenargo's Vista widget displays the wrong temperature and ph (very low) for 20 seconds or so then corrects itself. Just another data point.

tamu
11/06/2009, 07:00 AM
Do you know if you are running the latest firmware on the base unit and modules?

The severe temperature drop is a normal thing to see as the apex is coming online.

MichaelBrock
11/06/2009, 07:09 AM
I'm not yet running the latest firmware but I'll be updating this evening. Until yesterday everything was running very well and I figured I would hold off on updating.

Yeah, I had noticed the low temperature thing before as a sign that the apex was powering up. Maybe it's the apex that's losing power then getting it back? Everything seems to be plugged in well.

swearint
11/06/2009, 08:45 AM
Depending on the firmware version, certain web errors will also cause a reboot. For instance, if you try to display a graph for a day that has no data.

Todd

MichaelBrock
11/06/2009, 09:14 AM
Depending on the firmware version, certain web errors will also cause a reboot. For instance, if you try to display a graph for a day that has no data.

Hmm, interesting. There may be a correlation between my tinkering about on the web page and the resets. It certainly happened at least twice while I was looking at the graphs but I wasn't doing anything outside the envelope (just looking at the default graph screen). I'm using the latest version prior to the current beta releases.

Lowredranger
11/08/2009, 07:06 AM
I have had the same problem. I am not getting it all the time but I get it randomly, I will wake up the morning and nothing is on and I check the controller and it is saying powerfailure but it states that my EB8-3 is MIS and then moves everything to EB-4 eventhough there is no programming there and then it now says OLD. I am getting really frustrated at this as I downloaded the new version last week after one of these incidents and I just woke up to it again this morning.

How do I get it to resume normally under my EB8-3 without deleting both modules and reprogramming it?

Thanks
Jason

Lowredranger
11/08/2009, 07:07 AM
I know mine is not caused from messing around with the web pages and it seems to always happen at night and I find it all messed up in the morning. I am running the beta 4.01.

swearint
11/08/2009, 07:49 AM
That is definitely beyond my experience level. You should probably contact Neptune support: http://www.neptunesys.com/index.php?option=com_contact&catid=12&Itemid=41

Todd

Lowredranger
11/08/2009, 08:06 AM
Yea I need to just give them a call at some point and get this sorted out once and for all. My problem is it starts working and then I don't call and then it happens again over the weekend when I can't call.

MichaelBrock
12/03/2009, 12:57 PM
I'm still having this issue and I have the latest firmware installed. Every few days I get the message on the status screen such as:

Power Failed: Dec 03 2009 08:37:07
Power Restored: Dec 03 2009 08:37:42

There appear to be no ill effects as everything takes up where it left off. Just a little disconcerting.

My feeling is that there is a correlation between when I'm working with the interface through the browser but it certainly does not happen every time.

aquamanic
12/03/2009, 01:06 PM
You just need to call/email Curt at Neptune. Even on a weekend send him an email. You'd be surprised - I think he works 7x24!

sjames
12/03/2009, 02:29 PM
This information may be totally irrelevant to the apex, but with my ACIII pro, i had the same issue, constant power failures showing up on the screen.

The fix was more power, the brick supplied with the unit was too small. I upgraded to an 800ma brick and all was well.