PDA

View Full Version : tunze osomolator not working

kpc01
11/07/2009, 01:26 PM
I have an osomolator that is trying to pump but the pump is humming. I hear it working but nothing is pumping. is there a fix for this? I was filling up my resevoir because I'm leaving town today...I need to get this fixed!

thanks for any tips

shawnz28
11/07/2009, 01:28 PM
Did the water container the pump is in run dry? If so it is likely an air bubble. Turn the pump over in the water and let the air escape.

kpc01
11/07/2009, 01:39 PM
no its about half full. I've taken the pump out and messed with it but still nothing. It looks like the little white gear/turbine on the bottom isn't spinning all the time...can it come loose?

shawnz28
11/07/2009, 01:44 PM
Not sure, I would imagine it could depending on how it is made the impeller might have come free of the magnet. The really aren't repairable to my knowledge at least easily, as are sealed and are typically just replaced so I don't have alot of hands on with them in that respect.

phil519
11/07/2009, 01:48 PM
I would try giving the pump a vigorous shake. Taking it out and putting it back in may only re-capture whatever air bubble might be in the pump.

the other thought is to make sure the connection between the controller and the pump is ok and hasn't been disconnected or damaged by saltwater. I know you say you hear the sound from the pump - but if the connection isn't right it may only be sending intermittent power to the pump.

rvitko
11/09/2009, 09:59 AM
It is possible the impeller came free of the shaft, but the most common cause is the pump has an air bubble tapped inside and tipping it upside down while under water and running will prime the pump and get the air bubble out. Keep me posted.