PDA

View Full Version : Help me

schoch79
11/07/2009, 05:26 PM
Ok so I just did a water change and made sure that the temps were within 1 degree of the display and the SG of the new water I made .oo1 saltier and since I don't add any supplements to the display thats the only thing I checked. This was about 3-4 hours ago. Since then my coral (all softies) have looked less then optimal. The xenia has opened up and started pumping but is not as open as usual. The encrusting gorgonian is fully open. Other than that the 2 leather frags haven't opened their polyps and the mushrooms are not expanded (kinda shriveled in a way) and the sinularia seems like it's about halfway between "closed" and open extension.

Is this normal during a WC? I am not new to keeping reef aquariums but it has been a while since I've had one up and forget the exact details of things like this. Oh by the way, everything looked good and happy before the WC. I just don't remember coral taking this long to return to condition before. Thanks.

DC_40gallon
11/07/2009, 05:50 PM
What size was your water change? Did you use the same kind of salt as the tank currently holds?

I ask those questions because that's the only two things that coul be a factor. The larger size water change can cause the the stuff to get used to the water perhaps.

Everything sounds normal though. Give it a few more hours they will erupt with happiness again! I applaud you for treating the wc with care and delicacy. Make sure to do a 10-15% wc weekly and always use ro/di water.

Mouse
11/07/2009, 06:09 PM
Did you check the PH of the new water? Disturb the sandbed? Change anything else at the same time?

schoch79
11/07/2009, 06:20 PM
Ok just to answer a few questions. The WC was about 20-25%. I know a lil big but I've missed a few. Same salt. And no I didn't check the PH. I just figured that since I dont artificially change it in any way it shouldn't matter. No disturbed sandbed either. Nothing else changed. I just wanted to be sure pretty much. I've been here dont that kinda thing before but its been a while. TY for the help.