PDA

View Full Version : 10g frag tank setup q's

nanoman27
11/07/2009, 07:17 PM
I am settign up a 10g frag tank whats better lgiht 70w halide or 96w t5 ho the 96w would be current usa nova extreme with slrs.The 70w halide would to be a fishneedit. What woul dhave better growth it is going to be sps on top shelf and lps on bottom. What lights better. How should i set this up how much live rock do i need how should i set that part up. I have a 12 g eclipse i am going to us eas the sump. Should i just put the rock in there and put a pice or 2 under the frag rack. I was going to have just a eclispe tank with live rock and chaeto and a pump in it and thats it.

clowns101
11/07/2009, 07:34 PM
IMO,nova pro light is what I would use as this is not a display tank!IMO<put rock in the sump and dont have any in the tank for a morew clean and pro look!

nanoman27
11/07/2009, 08:12 PM
Not its not a pro is this one http://www.current-usa.com/node/27

Remicade
11/10/2009, 11:52 PM
if you are going with sps in your tank i would suggest MH. could you possibly upgrade to a 20g tank? might make it easier for you. if you got space concerns then go with what you can.
you can put rock in both. i got 10lbs of lr in my display 40b frag tank and 10lbs of lr in my fuge
you dont need any rock in a frag system, but it never hurts. i plan on adding more rock to my tank.