PDA

View Full Version : Sailfin Tang Problem

uno_mas
11/08/2009, 10:41 AM
I just started noticing the erosion on the fins yesterday and seems to be going downhill pretty fast. hopefully you can see in the picture the discoloration on his back toward the tail. if anyone can help with what this may be and what can be done to help i would appreciate it. he is in a 150g display, everyone else seems to be doing fine. i have had him for over a year and never had any other issues. your help is greatly appreciated

wooden_reefer
11/09/2009, 01:19 PM
Have you added any livestock to this tank recently?

Looks bacterial to me.

Have you had UV running correctly, size and flow, in the DT up to now?

UV now likely won't help.

Treat in hospital tank with antibiotics. Use UV in DT to reduce chance of spread.

uno_mas
11/09/2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks, I have him in QT now for antibiotic treatment. The places on his body have gotten worse since yestertay, this infection seems to be progressing pretty quickly but hopefully I can bring it in check in QT.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm99/cabo_wabbo/sailfin2.jpg

Let me know if anyone has any other ideas.

Thanks

Troy

Gwynhidwy
11/10/2009, 08:44 AM
It could be Uronema marinum. I would do formalin dips for this fish, in a separate container from your QT, and continue the antibiotics in the QT.

uno_mas
11/10/2009, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the help. Whatever it was, it progressed very quickly. Woke up this morning and he was dead. RIP little buddy.

Amazon4
11/10/2009, 11:52 AM
wow, so fast. Sorry :(

Gwynhidwy
11/10/2009, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the help. Whatever it was, it progressed very quickly. Woke up this morning and he was dead. RIP little buddy.

:(