PDA

View Full Version : Flexible tubing for plumbing my tank

Dizzle63
11/09/2009, 08:30 PM
Can I plumb my tank with flexible tubing? Are there any problems that can arise using it? It seems cheaper and easier to install.

anhbimat
11/09/2009, 08:33 PM
It is fine and i have used it myself (hopefully you are talking about the clear flex tubes). Only drawback is the maintenance, if it is exposed to light, algae with clump it :lol: but some regular maintenance will solve it. Hope that helps.

ryan_
11/09/2009, 08:35 PM
spa flex works well and lasts a long time. You can get it at any pool and spa store.

Skins
11/09/2009, 08:58 PM
It is fine and i have used it myself (hopefully you are talking about the clear flex tubes). Only drawback is the maintenance, if it is exposed to light, algae with clump it :lol: but some regular maintenance will solve it. Hope that helps.

They make black tubing to solve algea. Spa flex is good. Flexible tubing is good. Rounded corners are always better than 90's. Elbows create more head pressure.

danceswithfish
11/09/2009, 09:06 PM
I bought flexible pvc tubing that you just glue like normal pvc. I am switching out my hard plumbing soon. I was a rookie when I hooked it up and ther is like 6 90's on my return!

anhbimat
11/09/2009, 09:28 PM
They make black tubing to solve algea. Spa flex is good. Flexible tubing is good. Rounded corners are always better than 90's. Elbows create more head pressure.

Too pricey for me :p :lol: I'm cheep ;)

Dizzle63
11/09/2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks everyone! It seemed like such an easy solution that it seems too good to be true.

TheH
11/09/2009, 11:13 PM
The vinyl tubing is much more flexible than flexpvc/spaflex. However, vinyl tubing requires barb-adapters whereas flexpvc/spaflex can be glued directly into pvc fittings and bulkheads.