PDA

View Full Version : skimmer recommendation..

NKYdude
11/10/2009, 02:57 PM
i gotta upgrade my skimmer, i can't keep using this coralife SS on my 55g sps tank. i need something external. give me a few makes/models you would recommend... simple is better, i just want to run piping from the drain side of my sump to the skimmer pump and back to the return side of the sump...

I'm trying to go the used route, been going through the RC marketplace but just not 100% sure what to look for.

this tank will be pretty heavily stocked here in about a year. i have a lot of sps frags in it and i'm adding 3 more fish for a total of 6 all said and done.

Thanks all

Birdfli
11/10/2009, 03:00 PM
Tagging along, as I need to upgrade also....I have a Coralife 125g Skimmer.

solitude127
11/10/2009, 03:44 PM
I have a DAS EX1 skimmer. It's been said that it's a Deltec knockoff, but it works great on my 90. If you can wait a month, I'll be taking my 90 down for my new 60x30x20 and I'll have it for sale for a good price.

NKYdude
11/10/2009, 08:23 PM
bump

tipmoff
11/10/2009, 08:35 PM
I just purchased a Bubble Magus NAC6 from a distributor in NJ (see Bubble Magus Club on RC in the equipment forum). After skimming for 3 days it is pulling dark skim already. Good build quality on the acrylic and it started right up with no issues and is very quiet. The cost new was less than most used skimmers on RC. IMHO and I did a lot of research this is the best on the market for the money and the support from the vendor is top notch.