PDA

View Full Version : Waterbug questions

thebradybunch
11/11/2009, 12:19 PM
I installed my Waterbug to my APEX today and need some help/suggestions. I have the Waterbug programmed to sound an audible alarm, send an email, and shut off all the pumps.

Here are my questions:
Iis there any way to make the audible alarm louder and make it continue to sound other than just sound once and stop?

Currently I have the Waterbug shutting off all pumps when it activates. The pumps will remain off as long as the water is present and come back on when the NO contact on the Waterbug re-opens. Is there a better idea for this?

aquamanic
11/11/2009, 01:12 PM
There's a post on RC where someone built a DIY box with a really loud horn powered off AA batteries and driven off a breakout box. So you would do something like

If waterbug ON then alarm ON

I'll try to find that post.

If it was me, I wouldn't turn the pumps back on automatically. I'd want to see what had happened and make a decision as to whether to turn them on or not.

thebradybunch
11/11/2009, 01:14 PM
That's what I am debating. What would the code look like that would keep the pumps off if the Waterbug reset?

aquamanic
11/11/2009, 01:19 PM
I don't know. Do a search on this forum for 'waterbug'. There's a fair number of posts.

aquamanic
11/11/2009, 01:26 PM
Thinking about it a little more, you could probably make a dummy timer and set it to ON per the waterbug. Then turn your pumps off based on that dummy timer being on. The dummy timer will never get set off so your pumps would remain off forever.