PDA

View Full Version : Golden Dwarf Moray Compatibility

jc16
11/12/2009, 12:45 AM
just wondering if gold dwarf moray oro other dwarf morays are safe with smaller fish and small wrasses/fairy wrasses in a reef tank. they seem kinda small and not very aggressive. anyone had experience with these guys?

LargeAngels
11/12/2009, 07:32 AM
IME golden dwarf are fine with smaller fairy wrasses. I have one which is about full grown (12") and doesn't bother any smaller wrasses or pseudo's. Favorite food is Jumbo Hikary Mysis. Their mouths are pretty small.

Tylt33
11/12/2009, 08:55 AM
I hear they go after jawfish, pistol shrimp, and gobies.... along as you don't have any of those, you should be fine.

jc16
11/12/2009, 11:16 AM
wow that cool cant wait to get one of these guys

Ev's Reef
11/12/2009, 07:17 PM
How much does a golden dwarf moray cost?

sufunk
11/12/2009, 08:24 PM
I've had mine for about 18 months now and he has been a PERFECT citizen in my reef.

The smallest fish i have is an anthias and he dwarfs the GDM. No way the gdm could bother him. MAYBE a tiny goby could be in trouble but i've never seen any aggression from mine at all even towards my two very small harlequin shrimp.

Imo and ime, i would not worry at all about a gdm with any reef inhabitant especially if he is kept well fed.

When i got mine, they were $175. I havent checked in awhile but i would assume they can still be had for similar. I dont think this is against the rules since i have no affiliation except a great experience with him but les from wetpetshawaii is the MAN for gdm's. Cheapest price, back then was free shipping and he catches them himself. Also, with him, you can be sure you are getting quality goods and if anything goes wrong, he WILL make it right.

If you wanna search my threads in the reef fishes forum, i have a LONG thread about my gdm and there are probably close to 10 other posters talking about their gdms that they got from les as well.

Best money i have EVER spent on my tank. If i ever get the room, i would LOVE to get a 120-180gallon tank with no fish and just a bunch of gdm's, thats how much i love mine! lol

Heres the thread:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1405737

jc16
11/13/2009, 01:30 AM
wow some great info thanks