PDA

View Full Version : Flame angel and ???

Matt850
11/12/2009, 07:38 PM
I have a newer 90g setup and was working on a stock list for it. I want to replace a flame angel I lost to Velvet and was considering a second dwarf angel. Is this a bad idea, is the tank big enough for two? Also, if it isn't such a bad idea, which angel would you suggest? I want very little to no aggression in the tank.

LobsterOfJustice
11/12/2009, 07:49 PM
Very little to no aggression means one dwarf...

Not to say you cant have two, but you're likely to see some aggression.

Matt850
11/12/2009, 08:41 PM
Yeah i should have mentioned that I realized there would have to be some aggression, shouldn't have said "no aggression". My wife really wants a bluer version of the coral beauties which would be a great addition.

jda
11/12/2009, 10:25 PM
You might consider a blue option of watanabei angels. They completely reef safe unlike the dwarfs and can exist in pairs, or more. The only downside is the price tag.

Western_reefer
11/13/2009, 12:38 AM
I have 2 Dwarf Angelfish in my 180 gallon. I have a Flame Angelfish and a Bicolor Angelfish. The Flame is aggressive toward the Bicolor every now and then, but nothing serious at all. The Bicolor actually likes to hang out with the Flame, but the Flame doesn't like it so much. lol They both do nip here and there on corals, but no serious damage is done to the corals. Just be careful as they are 50/50 with corals.