PDA

View Full Version : Angler fish in a biocube?

Western_reefer
11/14/2009, 06:12 PM
I've never kept a Angler fish before. Can I keep a 3 inch Angler fish in a 8 gallon biocube all by itself? Angler fish don't move at all/not much at all, so a small tank like that should be fine right?

Wolverine
11/14/2009, 08:12 PM
I know several people who have done this. The big thing you have to worry about is water quality. They make a lot of waste, so you have to be careful about that.

Western_reefer
11/14/2009, 08:27 PM
I know several people who have done this. The big thing you have to worry about is water quality. They make a lot of waste, so you have to be careful about that.

Oh, okay, thanks!

Western_reefer
11/14/2009, 08:30 PM
All angler fish have lures right?

romsoccer12
11/14/2009, 08:33 PM
most do, you should get a warti frogfish, they are cool!

Ooulophilia
11/14/2009, 08:43 PM
Keep your eyes peeled at your LFS - every now and then they come in tiny - like marble size. My buddy has had one for a while that he got at about that size - it has turned all different colors. If you can find a little guy like that he would be awesome in there!

Western_reefer
11/14/2009, 08:50 PM
I want to get one from Divers den, they have several anglers for sale right now.

HomeSlizzice
11/14/2009, 11:51 PM
I have a theory for you Moses,

I know that anglers change colors based mostly on their surroundings, and I was wondering if you put sponges and corals in the tank to possibly change the color of the angler to the color of your choice? Like if you get a blue sponges, and tubs blue zoas, and what ever other blue colored thing you can find to make your angler turn into a awesome blue color.

What do you think?

Western_reefer
11/15/2009, 12:57 AM
I have a theory for you Moses,

I know that anglers change colors based mostly on their surroundings, and I was wondering if you put sponges and corals in the tank to possibly change the color of the angler to the color of your choice? Like if you get a blue sponges, and tubs blue zoas, and what ever other blue colored thing you can find to make your angler turn into a awesome blue color.

What do you think?

Not 100% sure, but I think its possible.

Jeff
11/15/2009, 07:44 AM
I am keeping a Striated Angler (around 6") in a 29 gallon Biocube. There is plenty of room, they really dont move around much. The problem is that other fish and/or clean up crew are immposible to keep. So far, and it hasnt been that long, it is working out fine. I carbon dose to keep nutrients/algae down.

Jeff
11/15/2009, 07:45 AM
I am keeping a Striated Angler (around 6") in a 29 gallon Biocube. There is plenty of room, they really dont move around much. The problem is that other fish and/or clean up crew are immposible to keep. So far, and it hasnt been that long, it is working out fine. I carbon dose to keep nutrients/algae down.

Jeff
11/15/2009, 07:46 AM

Jeff
11/15/2009, 07:46 AM

Jeff
11/15/2009, 07:47 AM

username in use
11/15/2009, 08:10 AM
wow, the first ever recorded quintuple post, congratulations lol.

romsoccer12
11/15/2009, 10:19 AM
haha

Western_reefer
11/15/2009, 11:08 AM
wow, the first ever recorded quintuple post, congratulations lol.

lol

Western_reefer
11/15/2009, 11:09 AM

Okay, thanks! :) I guess I'll be getting one for my 8 gallon bio cube!:dance:

Jeff
11/15/2009, 11:12 AM
Not sure what the heck just happened to that post lol.