PDA

View Full Version : Need help iding nem

Guppy2
11/16/2009, 09:20 PM
Hello all, new to the sw world need help, this was given to me by a friends friend. sry bout the crappy pic, it was my cell.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s314/2002saleen/untitled.jpg

Drumbee23
11/16/2009, 09:26 PM
condy or purple hiatian (which is a type of condy)

clowns101
11/16/2009, 09:51 PM
Hiatian

Guppy2
11/16/2009, 10:35 PM
im trying to find info on them are they good for clowns

Toddrtrex
11/16/2009, 11:06 PM
im trying to find info on them are they good for clowns

They are non-hosting anemones. There have been cases of them hosting clowns, but there have also been cases of them eating clowns. I personally wouldn't take the risk of keeping a condy.

Drumbee23
11/16/2009, 11:24 PM
i have personally seen clowns hosting these on 3 different occasions. i have seen maroons, clarkiis, and saddlebacks host in a condy species, these clowns are more likely to host an anemone so a possible better chance with a condy, it is not recamended to put any type of "low aggression" clown in with these. also it may take time for them to bond, being as they would need to work up a "better" slime coat to withstand the sting(and stickiness?) of the condy, a more mature clown would have better success with a condy for a few reasons, one it is gonna be larger so if the condy is of smaller size there is a lesser chance of it eating the clown. i would also imagine the slime coat would be a better "quality" then say a juv. clown, im not completely shure of that tho. someone who knows more about the slime coat of the clownfish may know if an older clown would be able to stand a stronger sting.

i am currently in the process of trying to mate a clarki with a condy(or hiatian) i am waiting for the tank to mature some more. i am pretty shure its gonna work out, some of my co-workers had had some success with clowns and condys but it seems to depend on the clown species.

EDIT: if you decide u wana find a different anemone fore a pair of clowns you could always get an anemone crab or shrimp. they can usally hang out in condies. and they are pretty fun to watch.

Guppy2
11/17/2009, 07:25 AM
will my 4 stripe damsel be ok with it for now