PDA

View Full Version : Bubble-Magus from Cadlights.com?

snowriderz
11/17/2009, 11:16 AM
i was thinking about getting a new skimmer for my 120G tank. heres what i currently have:

120G
30G Wet-dry
HOB fluidized bed skimmer
18W Turbo twist UV (Coralife)
Coralife needle wheel skimmer

i am thinking about upgradig the Corlaife needle wheel to the Bubble-Magus Nac-6 that Cadlights is selling. what do you guys think? i heard some good reviews on this skimmer and i have bought lots of stuff from Cadlights, so i know they wont just sell any product without knowing its great.

heres the link to the skimmer i was looking at:
http://www.cadlights.com/product_inf...roducts_id=156

Thanks guys, any feedback will be great!
Conner

HKS
11/17/2009, 02:35 PM
I've had my NA6 for about two weeks now...upgraded from a Tunze 9002. It's on a 33 gallon cube and skimming like crazy. Can't say much for long term reliability or performance but the bubbles sure are cranking in the reaction chamber. NuOcean had it for $156 w/free shipping so definitely a good deal on a solidly built skimmer.

r-balljunkie
11/17/2009, 05:08 PM
i personally would go one size bigger, the na6 might be undersized...plus when you want to go bigger, tank size, you are good to go.

c

snowriderz
11/17/2009, 09:01 PM
i know right? i would love to fit the larger NAC66 into my sump but i dont think i can get it in there.

wow you got the NAC6 for your 33G? you water must be sparkling! i mean the Coralife is ok, i have had it for about a year now and its pretty consistent. but seeing the Bubble-Magus, it just looks like it would do a better job.

i looked at Nuocean but they are out of stock for that model and CADlights got it for $175 which is not bad. i mean i paid about $200 for my needle wheel Coralife and $175 for the Bubble-Magus is definitely a good buy i think.

so far i only found CADlights that has the new NAC6 in stock.

are there any other skimmers on the market that i can compare to with the Bubble-Magus NAC-6?

i would love to at least compare like 3 or more brands before making my choice.

sra127
11/18/2009, 08:36 AM
check out octopus. i have the coralife, berlin x2, all crap (imo) compared to the octo 150 i purchased. can get a good one used here for around 200 too...

r-balljunkie
11/18/2009, 08:54 AM
my buddy bought this for his 125, its hoss. i like the BM skimmers, with internal pumps.

http://www.nuocean.com/skimmers/bubble-magus-bm200p-skimmer.html

chuck

hottuna
11/18/2009, 10:01 AM
r-balljunkie: ask your buddy to post an operating pic of the bm200 please?

r-balljunkie
11/18/2009, 10:14 AM
he is not on RC