PDA

View Full Version : coco worm help

sps1206
11/18/2009, 11:09 PM
I have a Hard Tube CoCo worm that I have had for about 6 months. For most of the time I have had it, it had always come out and looked great. For about the last month I have only seen it out once. What do I need to do in order to get it to come out again or why has it stopped coming out? I have many other corals that are healthy and calcium/ alk and water quality is good. I do not have any predator fish. I don't feed it anything directly, but would feeding it, say dt's make it come out again? Any suggestions? Thanks!

rowjimmy
11/19/2009, 05:52 PM
Sounds like it has shed its' "feathery head" due to lack of food. It will take some time but they do regrow the "head". It usually comes back smaller each time the worm has to regrow it.

Regrowing the "head" uses up the worms energy reserves. And since the worm is not getting the food it needs to begin with it is essentially starving to death.

This process of shedding/regrowing usually repeats itself untill the worm eventually dies. DT's and other foods made for filter feeding invertebrates might help to prolong its' life then not feeding it anything at all.

possys
11/22/2009, 11:28 PM
I also have the Coco wrom for about six months. She always come out look good too but never buliding new tube in my tank. Not sure why?
Ca 420
Alk 7~9