PDA

View Full Version : Deep-cycle sealed battery

Logzor
11/19/2009, 08:06 AM
I am in the process of building a backup system for my Tunze 6100 pump. In the case of an outage I am hoping this pump will run for 24+ hours to keep the water moving and oxygenated.

What is a good backup marine deep-cycle battery? I have never bought one so I dont know what to look for. I assume I need something over 30ah.

What should I do if I want to run a heater also? I only need the tunze switch to run my 6100. I have an old 400w car inverter, can I use that?

Charlie Davidson
11/19/2009, 09:07 AM
I used a 400w car inverter to run my return pump during power outage years ago.. it worked very well!
As for boat battery go buy a wallyworld or westmarine.. ( buy whatever is the amount you want to spend)

Lanie
11/23/2009, 07:14 PM
With using a deep cycle battery, a power converter, keeping a trickle charge on the battery - how long do you think a powerhead will run, and ideas, also any way to keep tank warm - short of wrapping a blanket around it. I am all electric, have many power outages longest about 7-8 hrs, (live in suburbia lol) first winter for tank - 26g. can you run a kero heater or will fumes kill tank? thanks for help:confused:

gt6188a
11/24/2009, 08:45 AM
APC 1500W battery backup => more than 24 hours of two powerhead.