PDA

View Full Version : Seachem Stability

Scotty McReffer
11/19/2009, 02:47 PM
I was recommended some seachem stability for a new tank setup. Recently i set up a 29 gallon biocube and he said this will speed up the new tank syndrome process and i can add fish within a week after. all of my tests are looking good. is this the truth??

cjj14u
11/19/2009, 03:01 PM
NO.....:bigeyes:
The fish should never be added until 6 wks. at the earliest.
Stability, Cycle, etc. slightly spped up the process in SOME cases but it is always best to be patient and let nature take its course...

Scotty McReffer
11/19/2009, 03:10 PM
even with the live rock that has tons of growth on it its bad to add earlier?

_88
11/19/2009, 03:15 PM
I am very suspicious of any manufacturer claims about a product that improves cycling time. The fact that your water parameters are good does not mean that you have finished cycling your tank unfortunately. "New tank syndrome" is caused by a new tank's inability to deal with the added ammonia introduced into the system by the fish so that fact that your parameters are good now does not mean that your bacteria population has been built up enough to cope with fish waste. There is no substitute for patience in this hobby. After your tank has been running for a week or so I would think that you could start adding some hermit crabs or other invert cleaners (snails, etc) to help with tank maintenance and also start introducing some amnmonia into the system. I would hold off on the fish for a while. A damsel might cope with the ammonia spike OK but they are aggresive and could cause problems for you later if you decide you don't want him in the tank.

Scotty McReffer
11/19/2009, 03:25 PM
blue green chromis??

Wilberheim
11/19/2009, 03:27 PM
I think its cruel personally to subject a fish to a cycling tank. The conditions are pretty bad for a fish to say the least. If you added rock it will cycle on its own. Just let it do its thing for a while patience is key!

cjj14u
11/19/2009, 03:31 PM
blue green chromis??

I say nothing until at least 6 weeks....
Thought I saw another thread where you already lost some chromis?
Be patient.....It will pay off....

bertoni
11/19/2009, 06:30 PM
I wouldn't bother much with the stability, but I'd watch the ammonia, and wait for it to be clear for a couple of weeks before adding any fish. With clean live rock, the tank might never show ammonia, but I'd still wait.