PDA

View Full Version : Feeding a Queen Angelfish

Pike614
11/21/2009, 05:33 PM
Hi,
I just got a Queen Angelfish, Adult about 5" or so, on Thursday. I did a 2 hour drip acclimation, and it has not yet shown any interest in food. Looks perfectly healthy! I have offered sponge, fresh oysters, nori, mysis, krill, brine shrimp...is it normal for them to take a while before they begin eating? It swims around without even showing interest in it!!
Any information will help!
Thanks!

Shane Hoffman
11/21/2009, 06:36 PM
Did you witness him eating at LFS??? If so what were they feeding him?? Also its not uncommon for fish to not eat on their first day in a new tank. I also think 2 hour acclimation is way to long. That water probably got pretty cold while you were acclimating. Just give him a few hours or a day before you worry.

Pike614
11/21/2009, 06:48 PM
I bought him from an online retailer, so I did not get a chance to see him eating. They said he was eating oysters...so I tried them first. My acclimation system in in my sump (a 150 g tank) so temp was not an issue....I was not concerned yesterday...but now that we're into the 3rd day without eating, I am a little concerned.

tom atchison
11/21/2009, 06:53 PM
my queen eats everthing including pellets.mine is 2 in. ive heard the bigger the harder to get started. try live brine if you havent already

Pike614
11/21/2009, 06:58 PM
thanks Tom, might have to try that.....wanted a small one but they sent a big one!! Also an adult...juveniles seem to be easier too. It is one awesome fish, wish he'd eat!!!