PDA

View Full Version : Bubble trap in a Solana?

JustinReef
11/21/2009, 07:06 PM
I am getting crazy amount of micro bubbles in my tank from my Euro Reef skimmer because I do not use the foam. So I am thinking of way to make a bubble trap in the top of the middle chamber.

Anyone done this?

You would think by now, the manufacturers would baffle these things properly to stop this from happening. Oh well...

Gamepro_inc
11/22/2009, 03:23 AM
I am having the same problem with just the stock skimmer and I am using the foam insert. I opted to only have the skimmer come on at night.

ximmortaldeathx
11/22/2009, 04:10 AM
I dont have any bubbles on my solana, and i dont have any sponges on the back, however i did upgrade the skimmer to a Tunze, which i know doesnt help your case.

good luck!

Kevin McG
11/22/2009, 07:42 AM
Took a loooong time for the bubble issue to go away on my Solana.I am now running my system with no foam,bio-balls of any kind and it is running beautifully.Like I said it did take a long time and I believe things need to build up a film, especially on the stock skimmer.

MVlk
11/22/2009, 08:28 AM
I had a lot of bubbles for the first few weeks. H ave not had any since. I am running a piece of generic filter pad on top of the second chamber... then cheato... then a sandwich of ChemiPure and Purigen filter bags at the bottom.

xxiprxx
11/22/2009, 11:00 AM
If you skimmer is in the first chambe try stuffing some filte floss in chamber 2. I still have my stock skimmer but it's modded but when I first set up tge tank it was bubble nightmare