PDA

View Full Version : 48" Current Nova Extremes issue

biglurr54
11/23/2009, 10:40 PM
i have a 48 inch current nova extreme t-5 set up on my tank. it has 8 bulbs, two 10k and two actinic. when i got the lights the lady i bought them off gave me a brand new set of 8 bulbs for it. it was missing a switch for two of the ballast. the women has just wire nutted the wires together and unplugged it to turn it on/off. i put on a switch that i had laying around and it worked great. soon two lights went out and wouldnt come back on. i ordered a new ballast and as it was shipping the other switch went bad. as it went bad the two lights on my switch stopped working. one bulb would blink like a strobe and sometimes come on sometimes not. then i took both switches out and wire nutted both switches so all ballast are wired to just be on all the time. at first all 8 lights came on. then the first set of lights went back out then the second set on that wire nut started doing the strobe flashing routine. the other 4 lights come right on now that they have a wire nut instead of a switch. whats going on with the other circuit. should i put the new ballast in and see if that fixes it. it seems like the wires to the switches arent heavy enough and they are burning out or something? any advice would be so great. my corals will thank you!