PDA

View Full Version : New Osmolator 3155

Bryan
11/24/2009, 08:26 PM
Hi Roger:

Purchased a Osmolator 3155 past weekend with the new magnet holders. Works great right out of the box and very impressed, but I do have a concern and it appears there is a mfg defect.

On the magnet for the float and sensor, there is a small disk with a cut out in the side and middle. It's purpose from the manual is to route the float wire out of the way. Problem is the hole and cut out on the disk is sized wrong and the edges are sharp. I attempted to squeeze the wire in and it caused a cut in the float wire. It looks like I have nicked one of the wires and copper is exposed!!. It's far enough to be out of the water not to cause a short...I think, but it's only a matter of time before corrosion sets in

I can post some pics later

Thanks

rvitko
11/25/2009, 10:09 AM
Bryan,

I am sorry about that, I will email the factory immediately. The float could be replaced easily enough, unlike the optic sensor it has two wires only so it is not to hard to unsolder the old one and solder in a new one.

Bryan
11/30/2009, 04:07 AM
Hi Roger:

Here are some pics. Perhaps my unit is a one off, but it appears the cutout in the disk is too narrow and the hole too small for the wire. As you can see it has nicked the sheath trying to insert it into the disk cutout.

Doesn't look like it nicked the wire as I thought, but no doubt water is going to creep through the sheath and into the contacts of the float valve, or even worse wick it's way up into the controller.

rvitko
11/30/2009, 11:44 AM
Yes, we will change the part in the near future and I can send you a new float if you feel comfortable soldering the two wires to the board or you can send me the controller and I will replace it.

Bryan
11/30/2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks very much Roger. I am a bit of a DIY electronic hobbyist so soldering is not an issue for me. I need to order some brakes and holders so i will private you later this week.

-=Bryan=-

rvitko
11/30/2009, 04:14 PM
OK, I am sorry for the problem.