PDA

View Full Version : H2O Life frozen foods

jc16
11/29/2009, 03:10 PM
hello i have been looking for clams on the half shell for awhile now. i found a brand called h2o life with the baby clams on the half shell. i was just wondering if anyone have had experience with them and are their clams safe for my beloved fish.

AquaKnight
11/30/2009, 01:20 AM
Used them a lot. For price, they're slightly cheaper then fresh littlenecks from a grocery store. Though I would believe fresh is better nutritionally? http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7631/shrugn.gif

The biggest thing IME is that I guess in the freezing process, the clam loses it's bond to the shell. So after just a couple hits from a fish, the entire clam is ripped from the shell, and often goes to waste before the fish eats it. Fresh shucked seem to stick to the shell well. To combat this, I wrapped a rubberband around the shell/meat.

The biggest pro, is obviously that frozen stays long, and you won't be having to buy fresh clams every week. Now though, I have a spare 10gal I just dump a 12 or so littlenecks from the store in, and shuck one when I what to feed.

jc16
11/30/2009, 02:00 AM
yea i do notice they fall off the shell easily, thanks aqua knight. anyone else? anyone have had problems feeding fish fresh/ frozen seafood?