PDA

View Full Version : reefkeeper lite or aquacontroller jr

pipebash
11/30/2009, 09:50 PM
so im thinkin its time for a controller and what better time to get one than christmas? so ive narrowed it down to the rkl and acjr just wondering what kind of experiences people have had and if theyre about the same and just comes down to looks. the only thing i saw different was that the rkl had a salinity probe. thanks for any advice.

Marshall1385
11/30/2009, 10:16 PM
I'm gonna tag along and watch this. Been wondering the same thing.

andrewarrington
11/30/2009, 10:24 PM
I'm jumping on the bandwagon also. Been thinking about purchasing one of these controllers.

au01st
11/30/2009, 10:31 PM
If your deciding factor is looks, the RKL wins hands down.

I've had my RKL running my 90 since May and it has been great. It does what I need and it is a good deal starting at $100. I will be getting a Reefkeeper Elite for Xmas and I'm putting my Lite on the nanos in my room.

With the upgrades planned for the Lite (compatibility with the NET module, controlling Tunze pumps, etc) it's a great choice.

atvdave
11/30/2009, 10:40 PM
It's like Ford vs.. Chevy... some like one and hate the other.... This question had been asked 100's of times.

I had the ACjr at one time, I now have the RKE. I didn't care for Neptune's customer service at all so I switched to DA, but that's just me.

I really like DA's customer service and I think they make a good product.

evergreenreeftank
11/30/2009, 10:51 PM
I have the RKL and love it. Can't wait for the net upgrade on the way!

Rands88
11/30/2009, 11:03 PM
I have the RKL and am switching to Neptune's version. DA's customer service is better serviced from the users in there than actual DA staff members. Emails usually go unanswered and when you do get an answer get used to this phrase "this will be revised in an upcoming patch"
Dont hold your breath on that one, issues still arent fixed for me.

kimber45
11/30/2009, 11:08 PM
i had the same decision 8 months ago.

i bought the rkl and my only regret is not getting the elite.

and the only reason for that is your limited to 4 modules. if you can live with 4 modules i still like the rkl.

I have the RKL and am switching to Neptune's version. DA's customer service is better serviced from the users in there than actual DA staff members. Emails usually go unanswered and when you do get an answer get used to this phrase "this will be revised in an upcoming patch"
Dont hold your breath on that one, issues still arent fixed for me.

note sure about the email system but the online forums have proved excellent i my experience.

DaveMorris
12/01/2009, 12:17 AM
I have the RKL and am switching to Neptune's version. DA's customer service is better serviced from the users in there than actual DA staff members.

I don't see how that is a negative. DA has gone to great efforts to make it easy for people such as myself and the other "TeamDA" members to help users with issues that they may have. They have provided the support forum to facilitate it as well.

As far as the issues with emails, I can't answer that. I do know that I and several others are am on the support forum every day, and sometimes several times a day.

drewp808
12/01/2009, 06:19 AM
RKL and jr are similar but rkl can be upgraded ro the rke for the same price difference as if you were going to get the RKE. neptune got the apex lite if you dont need the orp and multicontroller.