PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy BW clowns from?

terahz
12/01/2009, 11:07 PM
Does anyone know where I can get two small BW perculas? Or any true perculas for that matter? I've been able to find the true perculas for $15 at reefhotspot but they add small order fees, box fees... comes out $30 bucks for fish and $50 for the rest. I suppose anything in the range of $30 per fish will still be a better deal for the true percs and a bit more for the BW ones?

If you know a local place near stamford or a good online seller (which doesn't charge more for delivery than the actual livestock) please let me know.

thebigdog
12/02/2009, 05:31 AM
Check out http://www.nyaquatic.com
Your about a 15 minute drive fom there

Gooch79
12/02/2009, 10:35 AM
I've never really seen the BW ones cheap, usually it's going to be around 40 no matter how you cut it. But NYaquatic is solid for fish, even though his prices have increased he's still one of the best around. I got my hippo tang from him and it's been fine and healthy.

terahz
12/02/2009, 10:50 AM
Hmm, NYaquatic has only one true perc currently and no BW ones... I suppose it will be online after all. LiveAquaria has TB BW false percs for $60.

What are the chances that a BW clown turns completely black and white? Most photos I've seen always show some orange around the mouth of the clowns, is that just transition coloration or is it normal for adults to have orange and luck if they turn completely BW?

Gooch79
12/02/2009, 12:47 PM
I think I saw a BW clown at Bobs in Milford yesterday. I didnt catch the price but he is good to people in the club.

rjinct
12/03/2009, 03:57 PM
You should try giving Realm of Pets in Southington a call...it's a little bit of a drive for you, but the prices are good and they have a good selection. I got a mated pair of true percs for $60 and they are doing great. The sign on the tank said they were grade a, but I dont' know what that means and would have still paid the same amount for the pair. They are eating and doing very well in my tank.

nakama
12/06/2009, 09:39 AM
Every fish I bought from nyaquatic croaked!! I wouldn't go there. Call Noah @ Westport Aquarium. He'll order whatever you want. Mention my name for a discount
Neil

thebigdog
12/06/2009, 11:46 AM
I believe I saw two at Purfect Pets in Milford yesterday.
About 2.5" to 3" but I didn't see the price

nakama : I agree with you on NYAquatics
99% of everything I bought, starved itself to death.
His fish just won't eat, no matter what you try to feed them

Does anyone know where I can get two small BW perculas? Or any true perculas for that matter? I've been able to find the true perculas for $15 at reefhotspot but they add small order fees, box fees... comes out $30 bucks for fish and $50 for the rest. I suppose anything in the range of $30 per fish will still be a better deal for the true percs and a bit more for the BW ones?

If you know a local place near stamford or a good online seller (which doesn't charge more for delivery than the actual livestock) please let me know.

terahz
12/08/2009, 01:27 PM
Thanks all for the help. I ended up getting regular true percs online, as I didn't find anything reasonable around me. I will take a note of Wesport Aquarium tho. Thanks again.

Gooch79
12/08/2009, 04:48 PM
Every fish I bought from nyaquatic croaked!! I wouldn't go there. Call Noah @ Westport Aquarium. He'll order whatever you want. Mention my name for a discount
Neil

I got a small hippo tang last year from nyaquatic and it has been absolutely fine, and cost about half of what other stores charge even with discounts.