PDA

View Full Version : How the heck can I connect a Loc-line Nozzle?

Chrisk-K
12/02/2009, 05:20 PM
I bought 2 loc-line nozzles and 1/2 loc-line flexible tubing to better disperse water from outlets of my 2 2236's.

Do I need a loc-line plier? Since the nozzle's outer diameter is bigger than that of 1/2 inch tuning, I'm not sure if the plier would work. Has anyone successfully connected? If so, how? Do I just need brute force?

r-balljunkie
12/02/2009, 05:46 PM
brute force is fine, you wont break them. very tough

ScrubberOTanky
12/02/2009, 06:05 PM
are you trying to connect the loc line to something other than a loc line fitting?? if so you need the NPT connector that snaps into the loc line and has threads on it for standard fittings.

I highly recomend the locline pliers, they save skin and knuckles...

Chrisk-K
12/02/2009, 09:33 PM
I used all the brute force that I had but couldn't connect them. I even applied some oil. I just ordered a plier.

What I want to do looks like the following:

Loc-line 2.5 inch nozzle <-> one piece of loc-line 1/2 inch hose <-> small piece of Eheim 12/16 mm tubing <-> Eheim 12/16 mm outlet pipe.

Then, I can easily adjust the direction of the nozzle. BTW, 12/16 mm Eheim tubing perfectly fits with loc-line 1/2 inch tubing! Never expected that.

The reason why I want to use the nozzles is I'm running two 2236's in a 40 gallon tank and water flow from two outlet jet pipes is way too strong. My fish, when accidentally caught up in the flow, are thrown away.

moondoggy4
12/02/2009, 10:35 PM
The way we remove or put together air fitting that are very tight at work is we hold one with one hand and the other with the other hand then put them on the inside of each knee and push together. It givers you a lot more strength Hopes this helps..

lth03
12/02/2009, 11:54 PM
Keep them in straight line and put a little silicone O-ring fluid and push it in,they made by plastic can not use regular metal tool unless you have some plastic tool to holding one end while pushing other end in,another way is heat up the bigger end a little bit by dip into hot water or run a lighter around it and push ....good luck and have fun with it.

pugmommie
12/03/2009, 05:36 AM
I couldn't do it either. Didn't get the pliers though, just had hubbie do it!

gtptom
12/03/2009, 07:59 AM
+ Brute Strength