PDA

View Full Version : Dosing/Supplements, other parameters.

chasekwe
12/02/2009, 07:59 PM
Hi folks

I'm in the planning stages of an anemone/clown tank. I will be keeping a few E. quadricolor and I've been doing a fair bit of research including reading the Anemone FAQ.

Anyways, I found no specific mention of what required dosing/supplements are needed, etc. I know I need to track the obvious, pH, Temp, alk. Is there anything else I should be watching out for in an anemone only aquarium? Are there any chemicals I should be adding? Or is it more about just keeping the basics very stable and maintaining pristine water?

Thanks!

An additional question, on average what kind of bioload does an anemone represent as compared to say, a clown? The tank will be relatively small and I don't want to overload.

wicked_NaCl_h2o
12/03/2009, 11:52 AM
How small is this tank going to be? Hopefully not too small, these anemones do tend to get big or take over a tank by splitting several times.
No chemicals should be added to the tank.
First you need to have a tank that is mature enough to handle the bioload of an anemone.
All you need to do is use carbon filtration, do regular weekly water changes, have good lighting such as T5's or Metal Halides and feed the anemones weekly.