PDA

View Full Version : Racoon butterfly fish

knorsk
12/03/2009, 07:55 PM
I was wondering if you can keep three racoon butterfly fish in a tank or if they are best kept alone. I have read mixed reviews from the online fish stores. Any input would be great.

Sisterlimonpot
12/03/2009, 08:22 PM
It's all gonna come down to the fishes personality. even though some people can have more than one others have problems keeping more than one. So if you really want to do it I would suggest adding them all at the same time.

knorsk
12/03/2009, 08:27 PM
would it be better to get three heniochus? Or will it still come down to personality.

Jerry W
12/04/2009, 02:33 AM
What size tank are you talking about? This is a major factor IMO.

lalo809
12/04/2009, 03:57 AM
Some people try to put more fish in their tank then what they are supouse to just think what might happend if you put three of the same fish in a not too big tank

PRDubois
12/04/2009, 04:07 AM
I want a hippo tang but some people said is not big enough other said they do fine as long the tank is not overstock i will like to know what other people think and if you have any pics of your tangs in a 75 gallon show them please...thanks

Get a small one and he will be fine for a long time. Just know upfront that when he finally grows to 6" you will need to give him to a bigger home. Then you can get another one and start all over.
http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss301/prdubois/72bow3-7-9.jpg

Jerry W
12/04/2009, 04:36 AM
Get a small one and he will be fine for a long time. Just know upfront that when he finally grows to 6" you will need to give him to a bigger home. Then you can get another one and start all over.

Kind of hard to state this w/o knowing the tank size, wouldn't you say?

PRDubois
12/04/2009, 05:21 AM
Kind of hard to state this w/o knowing the tank size, wouldn't you say?

Reading is FUN!!!!! He has a 75 GAL tank! Any other STUPID comments?

dwd5813
12/04/2009, 05:26 AM
Reading is FUN!!!!! He has a 75 GAL tank! Any other STUPID comments?

just one. why are you answering this:
I was wondering if you can keep three racoon butterfly fish in a tank or if they are best kept alone. I have read mixed reviews from the online fish stores. Any input would be great.

with this?

have a nice day. :rolleyes:

PRDubois
12/04/2009, 05:33 AM
LALO809 asked the question (hyjacket the thread) about a Hippo Tang in a 75gal. After I answered the question, he Edited his comment and opened a new thread asking the same question. THAT is why I quoated HIS question with the answer. Any OTHER stupid questions?

Originally Posted by lalo809
I want a hippo tang but some people said is not big enough other said they do fine as long the tank is not overstock i will like to know what other people think and if you have any pics of your tangs in a 75 gallon show them please...thanks

knorsk
12/04/2009, 05:46 AM
well i want to put three schooling fish in a 75 gallon...i don't want reef chromis or damsels either.

PRDubois
12/04/2009, 05:52 AM
well i want to put three schooling fish in a 75 gallon...i don't want reef chromis or damsels either.

Have you looked at Bicolor Anthias?:dance:

Jerry W
12/04/2009, 06:08 AM
LALO809 asked the question (hyjacket the thread) about a Hippo Tang in a 75gal. After I answered the question, he Edited his comment and opened a new thread asking the same question. THAT is why I quoated HIS question with the answer. Any OTHER stupid questions?

Originally Posted by lalo809

"hyjacket" the thread? "quoated"?

Spelling is fun too. Try it!:rolleyes:

jflick345
12/04/2009, 11:53 AM
I can't speak from personal experience in aquaria but while SCUBA diving I've only ever seen pairs of racoon butterflies, never schools. How about bangaii or pajama cardinals?

Sisterlimonpot
12/04/2009, 11:58 AM
Play nice guys. No reason to get agitated about difference of opinion and he said she said.... Lower the defenses

mdntrdr
12/04/2009, 12:00 PM
C'mon, it was just getting intresting!

dc
12/04/2009, 12:18 PM
Here at Reef Central, we believe that dialogs between participants should be conducted in a friendly and helpful manner. If you disagree with a posting, please express yourself in a way that is conducive to further constructive dialog. Conversely, when you post on any given subject, you must be willing to accept constructive criticism without posting a hostile or inflammatory response. Personal attacks of any kind will not be tolerated. Please work to insure that Reef Central remains a friendly and flame free site where everyone, especially newcomers, can feel free to post questions without fear of being unfairly criticized. Thank you for your cooperation.